Titebond Wood Flooring 771 Adhesive
Advanced polymer adhesive technology
100% solids advanced polymer formula – No water or solvent
Outstanding green grab
Mold & mildew resistant
Fast strength development saves time
Easily removed with mineral spirits, dry or moist towel
Will not cause dimensional changes in wood flooring
Excellent bond strength
Unaffected by freezing temperatures
Product is FloorScore® certified by SCS
MOISTURE CONTENT LIMITATIONS (One-step adhesive, moisture and sound control method): The moisture content limit for installations is 15 lbs. or less/1000 sq. ft./24 hours per a Calcium Chloride Test (ASTM F1869) or 85% relative humidity (RH) when tested with an in situ probe (ASTM F2170). To ensure protection against subfloor moisture, 100% substrate coverage and adhesive transfer is required.
MOISTURE CONTENT LIMITATIONS (Adhesive Only Method): Titebond 771-Step may be used for above-, on- and below-grade applications and on all substrates listed in this specification guide. All applications are susceptible to moisture and should be tested for moisture prior to installation in several locations within the installation area.
Acceptable conditions of concrete for above-, on- and below-grade applications are:
- Less than 3 lbs. /1000 sq.ft./24 hours on a Calcium Chloride Test (ASTM F1869)
- Less than a reading of 4.5 on a Tramex Concrete Moisture Encounter
- Relative humidity (RH) of 75% or less when tested with an in situ probe(ASTM F2170)
Acceptable conditions of wood substrates are a moisture reading of less than 12% or be no more than 4% different from the flooring being installed when using a Tramex, Delmhorst or equivalent wood moisture meter. If subfloor moisture conditions do not meet above guidelines at the time of flooring installation or they could exceed them at any time after installation then a Titebond moisture control system should be used.
- This product cures very quickly!
- Open time is 30-45 minutes depending on temperature and humidity
- Do not install solid wood below-grade
- Do not use on concrete with curing agents or sealers (except for recommended Titebond or Franklin products)
- Avoid allowing adhesive to cure on wood flooring surface
- Do not allow foot traffic for 4 hours after installation
- Do not use a leveler