Wind to Hydrogen Science Education Kit
Horizon Fuel Cell Technologies
The Wind to Hydrogen Science Education Kit enables students to invent their own clean energy applications using a small electric motor powered by a fuel cell. Hydrogen is produced through water electrolysis by a reversible PEM fuel cell that is itself powered by a wind turbine with profiled blad...
The Wind to Hydrogen Science Education Kit enables students to invent their own clean energy applications using a small electric motor powered by a fuel cell. Hydrogen is produced through water electrolysis by a reversible PEM fuel cell that is itself powered by a wind turbine with profiled blades based on NASA aeronautics. This hydrogen is then converted to electrical energy by the fuel cell and can be used to power a small fan.
- Turn wind power into hydrogen energy
- Build your own hydrogen fuel cell powered inventions
- Features revolutionary new Horizon wind turbine
- Includes Horizons complete curriculum on renew- able energy on CD
- Demonstrate the principles of wind energy, hydrogen fuel cells, electrolysis and basic electronics
- Wind Energy Science Kit
- LED Module
- Reversible PEM fuel cell module
- Water/gas storage tanks module
- Tubing, connecting leads, and accessories
- Motor with fan propeller blade
- 9 profiled blades for turbine (3 sets of 3 types)
- Assembly guide
- Renewable Energy Curriculum CD
Experiments and Activities:
Energy from Hydrogen Experiments
1. Electrolysis Mode Generating H2 and O2
2. Fuel Cell Mode Generating Electricity from H2 and O2
3. Determining the Minimum Water Decomposition Voltage
4. Polarization States for Hydrogen Fuel Cells
Wind Energy Experiments
1. How Many Blades Are Best - 1, 2, 3 ... More?
2. Using Three Different Curved Blade Shapes
3. Using Blades You Make Yourself
4. Turbine Efficiencies
5. Measuring RPM
6. Tuning For Maximum Power
7. How Blade Angle or Pitch Affects Output Power
8. To Generate Hydrogen
Horizon fuel cell developed a complete line of renewable energy science experiment sets and battery-free toys. In 2009 we partnered with science experts and educators in the US to develop high value educational content and teacher manuals that will bring renewable energy to the classroom.
Designed as the chemistry sets of tomorrow, our kits are designed to explain renewable energy science in a classroom environment, for school projects and science fairs, or as fun and interactive activity sets for the entire family.