Solio Bolt Charger
Better Energy Systems
Spin out some power and go! The Solio BOLT battery pack and solar charger is your ultra lightweight companion, keeping you online and in-touch on the go. With an on-board battery and rotating solar panels, the Solio BOLT charges popular USB powered gadgets from your iPhone 6 and 6 Plus, iPod, or iPad Air; to your Kindle, GPS watch, or GoPro camera.The 1Amp output of the BOLT charges target devices at the same rate as a typical wall charger. On average, a smartphone goes from zero to full in just 90 minutes. Since most
- Max Wattage: 5 Watts
- Discharge Rate: Fixed 5V, 1,000mAh
- Charge Rate: 5-5.5V 450mAh
- Charge Time via USB port/wall charger: 4 hours 30 min.
- Charge Time via Sun: 8-10 hoursColor:
- Pearl WhiteBattery:
- 3.7V/2,000mAh Li-Poly - User replaceable at end of life (average 3 years)
- 136 grams / 4.8 ounces. 8.89 cm x 8.89 cm x 2.54 cm / 3.5 in x 3.5 in x 1 in
- Micro-USB to USB Cable - For charging the via USB port/USB port wall adapter, can also be used as a charging cord for Micro-USB devices.
- Pencil - Insert the pencil through the center of the BOLT to easily prop towards the sun
While electronics are changing all the time, there are two standard charging specs that devices adhere to; a CTIA standard charge output which most devices follow, and an Apple charge output which Apple products follow. The BOLT is designed to switch modes, allowing for the most efficient charging of all devices regardless of which charging mode they require. When the BOLT’s LED button is green, this indicates that it is in CTIA or Normal charging output mode. To switch modes, simply hold down the button for 5 seconds and release. The button will then light up blue, indicating that it is now in a mode optimized for Apple products like the iPad Air, iPhone 6 and 6 Plus, and iPod.
The ingenious design of the BOLT allows a pencil to be inserted into the center, which makes the BOLT act like a sundial. Simply point the BOLT towards the sun and rotate it until the pencil no longer casts a shadow. A full day in direct sunlight completely charges the BOLT’s on-board 2000mAh Li-Poly battery.